Registering Businesses in
Steps Required in Setting up a Business
Prior to operating any business in Dubai, the steps outlined below must be undertaken in order to meet the legal requirements of all concerned government authorities and to guarantee maximum commercial benefit for the business owner:
• Determine the category/categories (commercial, industrial and/or professional) and type of business activity/activities to be practiced.
• Determine all the related business activities that can be included within each business license, subject to a maximum of ten activities per license.
• Determine the appropriate business legal form for your business taking into consideration the desired business activity/activities and the number and nationalities of the business owners and please press here to view the terms and conditions for conducting business in Dubai.
• Confirm all the requirements of the license to be issued.
• Determine the trade name of the business. (See Appendix A)
• Submit an application to the Department for an initial approval either by a personal visit to the Department Offices or through the Internet(Coming soon), a document clearing service or a legal consultant's office.
• Register a trade name after obtaining an initial approval either by a personal visit to the Department Offices or through the Internet (Coming soon), a document clearing service or a legal consultant's office (If you have previously reserved a trade name, you can proceed to register it with an initial approval by use of the record number).
• Lease business premises (it is recommended that you contact the counter of the Planning Department of Dubai Municipality on Telephone Number 2020105 or on Dubai Municipality's Telephone Number 2063788, before leasing premises in order to verify that it is suitable for the business). Thereafter you can visit the said Department's counter on the building's first floor for approval of the premises.